Collection of your Personal Information
All Personal Information we collect from you requires your consent. We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. You may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to purchase certain products or use our services. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Websites; (b) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (c) sending us an email message; or (d) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products.
We may request your consent from time to time to take part in improved product performance or marketing purposes that we think will be useful to you. However, unless you are informed otherwise, the Personal Information we hold is for establishing and managing our business and customer relationship with you.
By communicating with Hammerton, including by phone, email and by completing online forms, you are giving your consent to the collection of the Personal Information you provide. You have the right to anonymity and do not have to supply us with information. However, if you choose not to provide the information and we need to fulfill your request for a specific product, we may be unable to provide you with that requested product.
Information We Collect
We may require visitors to our Network who purchase products on our Network to give us contact information, which may include but is not limited to the customer's name, company name, address, phone number, email address, cookies, IP logs, billing information, billing name and address, credit card number, and other information as detailed below (collectively "Personal Information"). Besides the Personal Information, we may also collect other information regarding your use of the Websites.
From time to time, we may also collect or ask for additional Personal Information, which will also be expressly included herein as Personal Information. You can opt out of providing this additional information by not entering it when asked or not using the Websites, although not providing it may hinder your ability to use the Websites.
You may have the ability to update or remove your Personal Information by logging into the Websites and editing your Personal Information within your profile that you originally created. However, archival or backup copies of said information will not cease to exist and Hammerton shall not be liable for any problems in this editing process.
Keeping a Record of Your Personal Information
We may hold Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Internal accounting and administration;
- To supply you with information about your account;
- To respond to inquiries;
- Enhancing customer service, product options and product performance;
- Promotions, competition entry forms, redemption vouchers, and special offers where you voluntarily supplied your personal details;
- To administer sales records;
- To provide information about us, our products, services and special offers; and
- To analyze our website usage.
Information collected is used to provide and maintain the Network and is used at Hammerton’s discretion. This Information can also be used to contact you to further discuss interest in our company, the services we provide, and to send information regarding Hammerton, its partners, its products and other activities such as promotions and events.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Hammerton does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties but Hammerton may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer or technical support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Hammerton, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Hammerton may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Hammerton or any of its Websites; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Hammerton; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Hammerton, or the public.
Your Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, Hammerton will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete the end user’s personal information from their records.
Please note that Hammerton may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
California Customer Privacy Rights (CCPA)
California law requires certain businesses to disclose information regarding the rights of California residents pursuant to the CCPA. A California resident may request that Hammerton share the following information:
- The categories of personal information Hammerton has collected about you in the preceding 12 months;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
- The categories of third parties with which Hammerton shares personal information;
- The categories of personal information about you that Hammerton sold to third parties in the preceding 12 months and the categories of third parties to which the personal information was sold;
- The categories of personal information about you that Hammerton disclosed for a business purpose, as defined in the CCPA, in the preceding 12 months and the categories of third parties to which the personal information was disclosed;
- The specific pieces of personal information Hammerton has collected about you.
A California resident may request the disclosure of the information listed above by calling (801) 973-8095, or submitting a request at [email protected]. Such a request may be referred to as a ‘right to know’ request. Pursuant to California law, Hammerton will verify the California resident’s identity before complying with any such request.
A California resident has the right to request that Hammerton delete any personal information that it has collected about the California resident, and that Hammerton direct any service provider to delete the California resident’s personal information from its records. Such a request may be referred to as a ‘request to delete’. However, pursuant to the CCPA, your information may not be deleted under certain circumstances, including where maintenance of your personal information is necessary: to complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service that you requested or that is reasonably anticipated within the context of your ongoing business relationship with Hammerton, or otherwise perform a contract between Hammerton and you; to detect security incidents, protect against or prosecute fraudulent or illegal activity; to enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with Hammerton; to comply with a legal obligation; or to otherwise use your information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
For more information about these and other situations in which we may not delete your information, please see California Civil Code Section 1798.105(d). A California resident may use an authorized agent to submit a right to know request or a request to delete. To use an authorized agent, the California resident must provide Hammerton with written authorization. In addition, the California resident may be required to verify their own identity with Hammerton. Hammerton may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by the California resident to act on their behalf. Such requirements, however, will not apply where a California resident has provided the authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code section 4000 to 4465.
A California resident has the right, at any time, to direct Hammerton not to sell their personal information. This right may be referred to as the right to opt-out. You may opt out of the sale of your personal information by submitting a “Stop of Sale” request at [email protected]. If Hammerton has a good faith, reasonable, and documented belief that a request opt-out is fraudulent, it may deny the request. A California resident may use an authorized agent to submit a request to opt-out on the California resident’s behalf. The California resident must provide the authorized agent with written authorization do so. Hammerton may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by the California resident to act on the California resident’s behalf.
In addition, Hammerton does not and will not sell the personal information of a California resident it has actual knowledge is under the age of 16 without affirmative authorization (known as “opt-in”). Hammerton will not discriminate against a California resident because the California resident exercised any of their rights under the CCPA, including, but not limited to, by:
- Denying goods or services to the California resident;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to the California resident;
- Suggesting that the California resident will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Hammerton may offer financial incentives, including payments to California residents as compensation, for the collection of personal information, the sale of personal information, or the deletion of personal information. Hammerton may also offer a different price, rate, level, or quality of goods or services to the California resident if that price or difference is directly related to the value provided to Hammerton by that resident’s data. Hammerton will notify California residents of such financial incentives. Hammerton will not use financial incentive practices that are unjust, unreasonable, coercive, or usurious in nature.
In the preceding 12 months, Hammerton may have collected the following categories of personal information about California residents from the following sources and for the following purposes. The CCPA requires that Hammerton reference specific categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA. Hammerton may collect only certain pieces of personal information described in a given category and may not collect certain pieces of personal information described in each category.
|Category of Personal Information Collected||Category of Source of Collection||Business or Commercial Purpose of Collection|
|Contact Information (such as name, email address, phone number, delivery address, etc.)||
|Design Preferences Data||
|Warranty/Recall Service Data||
In the preceding 12 months, Hammerton may have shared the following categories of personal information about California residents to the following categories of third parties:
|Category of Personal Information Shared||Category of Third Party to Which Personal Information Disclosed|
In the preceding 12 months, Hammerton may have disclosed for a business purpose the following categories of personal information about California residents to the following categories of third parties, to the extent the disclosure was made to a third party:
|Category of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose||Category of Third Party to Which Personal Information Disclosed, To the Extent Disclosed To a Third Party|
Third Party Advertising and Analytics Partners
As far as permissible under law, Hammerton accepts no responsibility for the unauthorized access of Personal Information held by Hammerton.
Children Under Thirteen
Hammerton does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this application.
Disconnecting your Hammerton Account from Third Party Websites
You may be able to connect your Hammerton account to third party accounts. BY CONNECTING YOUR HAMMERTON ACCOUNT TO YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE CONTINUOUS RELEASE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO OTHERS (IN ACCORDANCE WITH YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS ON THOSE THIRD PARTY SITES). IF YOU DO NOT WANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, INCLUDING PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, TO BE SHARED IN THIS MANNER, DO NOT USE THIS FEATURE. You may disconnect your account from a third-party account at any time. Users may learn how to disconnect their accounts from third-party websites by visiting their "Me" page.
From time to time, Hammerton may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Hammerton, you may opt out of such communications. Customers may unsubscribe from emails by clicking the UNSUBSCRIBE button on the email.
External Data Storage Sites
Hammerton may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors.
Changes to this Statement
Hammerton welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Hammerton has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Hammerton at:
217 N Wright Brothers Drive
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
Effective as of August 1, 2022